Thursday 10 May 2012

Sharing with other professionals


Before handing in my professional artefact I thought it may be a  good idea to get a couple of people from within my community of practice to take a look at it with a fresh pair of eyes and give me some feedback.

Feedback included:

- It was easy to follow
- Its well set out
- Good use of color/tables to make it appealing to the reader
- Enjoyable 

It was also a helpful process as it pointed out a few grammatical mistakes I had missed, and some suggestions were made with regards to the order of certain sections and use of certain words.

One person I got to take a look at it was the principal at the theatre arts school where I work and where I under took the research. They have been supportive through my entire inquiry process and so I thought it would be interesting for them to see one of the outcomes.

In their opinion “I think the booklet would be very useful to other dance teachers…..i would like to promote it to fellow principals and head office next time I attend a franchise meeting” 

With regards to reaching out to a wider audience it was suggested to me that a whole training day could be set up for dance teachers based around the booklet – by approaching some of the organizations that I am familiar with my area I could find out how I might go about organizing something like this.

The feedback I received has been very useful, helped me to make a few adjustments to my artefact, given me new ideas of how to promote it to a wider audience and has made me feel satisfied that I am supported in my work by others in my community of practice and that it really is something that will not only be useful to myself but to others also.

No comments:

Post a Comment